Login  |  FAQ

A couple of more questions for Ultra...

Post subject: A couple of more questions for Ultra...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm 

Thank's for the response,
I got a couple more for you, if you don't mind? Why is c110 the best copper to use? How much radiator are you currently using? Thank's again!

Post subject: Re: A couple of more questions for Ultra...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

musis wrote:
Thank's for the response,
I got a couple more for you, if you don't mind? Why is c110 the best copper to use? How much radiator are you currently using? Thank's again!

Well it's the best that i can realistically get my hands on. basically all copper bars aren't 100% copper they are alloys . Which makes them better for one purpose or another. Depending on what you want it for. The copper i ues is 300$ a meter

I have 3 gts 240's and one gtx 240 rad. the GTS's are connected in parallel to each other which is the only LOGICAL way to connect multiple rads .

I have 2 655v pumps and one 355 pump with a top in the loop

Everything is mounted outside the house.

What i have just ended up being that way i didn't plan it like it is now.

What about you ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 pm 

Ok,
I'll try to not type 20 pages lol, I just got my prototype chiller back from my friend/machinist. My buddy operates a cnc mill working for himself. I ran my idea by him, showed him a couple of terrible prototypes I tried on my own, and showed him sketches of what was in my head. I got the prototype for fitting purposes ( 2x50mm) in aluminum as he had pieces of scrap from other projects. I am starting to assemble everything on a Tecnofront HWD, Iv'e got three GTX 360's to work with, and two Danger Den monsoon resevoir/pump combo's to play with loops. Looking foward to running the new Sandy Bridge processor, seems like some good results already posted in various forums. The copper question was for my friend, he said the same thing about copper being "gummy", he hasnt worked with copper before, hence me looking around and asking questions. Does the c110 transfer heat better, or what makes it superior? I think I will be interested in your watercooled PWM controller in a few months, I have come too far. I'd be curious to see how small you could get it with the water jackets/heatsinks. Thank's again for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 pm 

You know what, I just realized you kinda answered the copper question, I know I wanted to ask you about a good guide on thermo couple function, that was it, lol thank's.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

musis wrote:
Ok,
I'll try to not type 20 pages lol, I just got my prototype chiller back from my friend/machinist. My buddy operates a cnc mill working for himself. I ran my idea by him, showed him a couple of terrible prototypes I tried on my own, and showed him sketches of what was in my head. I got the prototype for fitting purposes ( 2x50mm) in aluminum as he had pieces of scrap from other projects. I am starting to assemble everything on a Tecnofront HWD, Iv'e got three GTX 360's to work with, and two Danger Den monsoon resevoir/pump combo's to play with loops. Looking foward to running the new Sandy Bridge processor, seems like some good results already posted in various forums. The copper question was for my friend, he said the same thing about copper being "gummy", he hasnt worked with copper before, hence me looking around and asking questions. Does the c110 transfer heat better, or what makes it superior? I think I will be interested in your watercooled PWM controller in a few months, I have come too far. I'd be curious to see how small you could get it with the water jackets/heatsinks. Thank's again for your help.

Well im not sure if im meant to be replying or not now.

EVERYONE hates copper. it's a pain in the ass it needs huge RPM and goes though end mills like they are free
My 25$ solid carbide end mills only make 2 blocks then i though it way. High speed steal end mills were just a waste of time

PLEASE START A NEW THREAD WITH PICS OF YOUR CHILLER !!! if you dont have pics how about some drawings ?